Wednesday, August 24, 2005

monkey

Keyword: monkey
Results: 706,000
Obso:

I was looking for a pic of a monkey to use on instant messenger when I found this little gem. I had no real intention of posting anything on Can You Picture... today as:

1. I have not felt incredibly inspired by any inspiring pop culture phrases or otherwise any personal topic. I have started a new job at The Gainesville Sun, (the local paper in Gainesville, FL) and have comfortably settled into a suite of rooms in my parents house so to the point of resuming my comfortable practice of leaving my "dirty" clothes in pools on the floor next to the bed and in the bathroom. As far as personal relevance is concerned, the only keyword I could possibly muster at this point might be 'shoehorn.'

2. Having started said new job, I am reluctant to begin/resume the habit of posting from work.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to my dear wife who has been through quite an ordeal as of late; moving to a strange new town, and living with strange new people, namely my parents (an arrangement which [God willing] is going to be exceedingly temporary.)

Incidentally, "Howler" (as in the above illustrated "Howler Monkey") is just one of the many ways my last name has been mispronounced by gym teachers over the years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The monkey reminds me of the beer pong shirt that you made for Tiff and myself. Actually, I wore it the other day and received three compliments on the graphics. You haven't by any chance saved that graphic? I want another shirt. Howler monkeys are cool. Houder monkeys are cool too.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've experienced my first and last name butchered in every direction, "c-bon carucheo" is one of the worst. None sound like animal though

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home